With the season change around the corner, Ms. Madison and I would like to share some decorating ideas to transform your home into a cozy autumn retreat.
- Nothing says autumn like gourds and pumpkins. Group several types of pumpkins together to make a lovely centerpiece or place a couple of mini pumpkins and gourds in warm toned wicker baskets around the house.
- Buy a couple of new throw blankets or afghans to accent your room. Is there anything cozier than curling up in a chair with a warm afghan with a cup of hot chocolate and watching the leaves fall outside? Check out our throws and afghans section of Madisonatmain.com.
- Decorate a fireplace or bookshelf with grapevines, twinkle lights and copper flower pots, and more pumpkins for a subtle fall glow in your home.
- Dress up the front of your house for the harvest season too. Get a bale of hay from the local farmer and place it on your lawn with a few pumpkins or a scarecrow to transform your home into a welcoming Harvest Haven.
- Replace your existing rugs with autumn inspired rugs showcasing fall leaves, pumpkins and fall flowers. Check out our fall season collection of rugs on www.madisonatmain.com.
So go ahead and enjoy the fall season with new décor and a cozy warm atmosphere. Leave a comment and let us know what you do to decorate for the autumn season.